EPA for KIDS Supports:
Eramosa Physiotherapy Associates (EPA) have been leaders in the physiotherapy industry for decades. “EPA for KIDS” puts children and families first! Our Registered Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists and Dietitians are passionate about working directly with children and families to give them the tools they need to work towards their unique goals.
Our Pediatric programming is collaborative and fun for KIDS. We encourage families to be involved in setting treatment goals and strategies. We understand that parents truly do know their children best and we work together to formulate a plan that fits your child’s needs and your lifestyle.
EPA clinics that are currently offering EPA for KIDS Pediatric services include:
• EPA Guelph • EPA Elora • EPA Orangeville (Pelvic Only)
Every child is unique, so it’s not unusual that children’s development can vary or that some don’t “bounce back” after an injury. For some parents, they can feel overwhelmed when they are given an early diagnosis for their child, like Low Tone, Cerebral Palsy or Muscular Dystrophy. Other parents simply “notice” that their child isn’t playing or walking like their peers. Perhaps “worry” began at birth and has left parents wondering if their child will be able to lead a healthy active life.
Parents are their children’s number one advocate and cheerleader; they want access to the best available resources and healthcare providers. With today’s busy schedules and information overload, some families may not know where to start. Some are left feeling like “a number” in the system whereas many others are waiting in the cue for the same initial guidance.
EPA for KIDS provides Pediatric Physiotherapy to support children and families with
Growing Pains, Knee pain (Osgoode Schlatter’s), Patellofemoral pain, Jumpers Knee, Heel/Foot pain (Sever’s Disease), Hip Pain (Legg Calve Perthes Disease, Slipped Capital Femoral Epiphysis)
Urinary and Fecal incontinence, Bedwetting, Toilet Training, Constipation
Low Tone, Cerebral Palsy, Muscular Dystrophy and more.
Delayed Gross Motor Milestones:
Concerns with 0-3 years old milestones like delayed head control, rolling, sitting, crawling and walking
Torticollis, Well Baby Check-Ins, difficulty with feeding, avoiding laying/playing/gazing in one direction, head shape changes (Plagiocephaly), milestone screening
Developmental Coordination Disorder:
Challenges in age-appropriate activities (using a scooter, riding a bike, running)
Concussions, Coordination/Body Awareness, Return to Sport Considerations and more.
Toe Walking (toes in or out), “W” sitting, poor coordination and more.
EPA for KIDS offers a “Dynamic Core” or “Central Stability” approach. Our Physiotherapists emphasize early intervention to address developmental delays or movement challenges. Early detection and treatment can significantly impact a child’s progress, enhancing their ability to reach developmental milestones, such as crawling, walking, and other crucial motor skills. EPA uniquely has an extensive, respected history in our communities, allowing us to connect you with many other key resources that may include: Occupational Therapists, Speech Therapists, Medical Doctors and more. At some sites, these resources may be conveniently available at our clinic sites.
EPA for KIDS is just the beginning of your family becoming part of our EPA family. Our services are available across all ages and journeys in life; ensuring ease of transition as your children grow and their needs change.
Our EPA clinics are conveniently located with today’s busy schedules in mind. Our professional friendly team will welcome you to the clinic and support your family:
- Early morning and evening appointment times
- Free and convenient parking
- Online appointment scheduling
- Providing direct insurance options, and assisting you with any administrative concerns
- Collaboration and connection with other community supports and partners, to provide comprehensive support for your child and their needs
Occupational Therapy for Children
An exciting collaborative Pediatric Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy Program in partnership with EPA for Kids and Kids Can Shine Pediatric Therapy Services. Together, we aim to deliver comprehensive and multi-disciplinary paediatric care to Guelph, Elora, and the surrounding areas.
To make connection with our Occupational Therapist contact:
Donna Legge-Nevett at email@example.com
Eramosa Physiotherapy Associates – Elora
6488 Wellington Rd 7, Elora, ON N0B 1S0
More info coming soon…
Occupational Therapy Services:
- Feeding Skills and Development (ie: infant bottle and breastfeeding, transition to solids, lip and tongue tie difficulties, oral motor concerns, sensory needs, “picky” eating)
- Transition to Solids
- Sensory & Self Regulation
- Attention & Organization Skills
- Printing & Fine Motor Skills
- Developmental Milestones
- Anxiety & Difficulty with Transitions
- Social Skills
- “Picky” Eating
Nutrition for Kids
Heidi Smith is a Registered Dietitian and mindfulness facilitator. She has been consulting for individuals and organizations for over 25 years. She is an award-winning presenter, author and a mother of 3. Heidi provides a unique perspective by combining her expertise in nutrition and exercise with her passion for mindfulness and reconnecting to our bodies and our intuition.
Heidi works with families to help create a positive and nourishing environment with food. She helps parents explore their relationship with food to pass along healthy habits to their children. Heidi can also support kids and teens to restore their natural ability to eat intuitively.
Heidi is a certified facilitator of the MBSR program (Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction), a trained SoulCollage® Facilitator and an Advanced Dream Pattern Analyst. She is the author of the practical sports nutrition handbook entitled “Nutrition for the Long Run” and the wellness manual “Food, Hunger and Habits”. You’ll find Heidi most days of the week in her favourite place (the kitchen), trying new recipes to fuel and nourish her active family.
Nutrition Services for Kids & Families
Areas of Focus for Families
- Building a positive family eating environment
- Division of responsibility for feeding in families (DoR)
- Intuitive eating and healthy relationships with food/body
- Meal planning/food ideas
- Increasing food and nutrient variety
- Picky eaters/selective eaters/super tasters
- Disordered eating in children, teens and adults
- Body dysmorphia/body image issues
- Food and attachment in relationships
- Food and anxiety
- Mindful eating and daily mindfulness to reduce stress
- Self-compassion around food and eating
- Distracted eating/boredom eating/emotional eating
- Food avoidance/restriction
- Digestive Issues/constipation/diarrhea
- Adequate caloric intake for kids based on growth chart and activity
- Adequate nutrient intake for kids: macronutrients, iron, vitamins, fibre. fluids
- Fueling for young athletes
- REDs (Relative Energy Deficiency in Sport)
- Feeding and the Internal Family System (Self-Led Eating)
* Heidi typically begins work with the parents/caregivers of any child experiencing eating challenges. Many nutrition and feeding issues can be resolved by building a positive eating environment. If the child is willing and able, they may be included in the sessions later on in the process.