Reduce pain related disabilityWhat is the Persistent Pain Program?
The Persistent Pain Program at EPA is an evidence-based treatment program aimed at preventing and reducing disability associated with chronic pain.
There are two components:
- PPEP – Persistent Pain Education Program
- PGAP – Progressive Goal Attainment Program
Validated screening tools are used to identify patients who have psychosocial risk factors associated with chronic pain.
Identifying psychosocial risk factors:
- Excessive focus on pain
- Fear of participating in activities that might increase pain
- Sense of unfairness about pain
- Inappropriate thoughts and beliefs about pain and disability
Phone (905) 873-3103
Fax (905) 873-6471